Monday, September 7, 2026

Eight Values of Free Expression

 Individual Self-Fulfillment 

    If I had to pick a Eight Values of Free Expression I would choose Individual Fulfillment. It's a speech that helps people express who they really are. It is being able to express your thoughts, beliefs, interests, and personality to help you figure out who you are. Mainly, it can help you find other people who share your interests. 

Expressing yourself can really help you find your true friends and people. It allows people to show who they truly are, share their thoughts and feelings, and connect with others who really understand them. You are able to grow as an individual because sharing your ideas can help you learn from others and allow you to become more confident. 

Free Speech helps people develop their identity. For example, it gives them the right to express their thoughts, opinions, and interests and beliefs. When people are open to share their thoughts, they learn more about what they care about and what is crucial to them. Without the freedom of expressing yourself, it would be harder to show people who you are. People find their best friends who have similar interests as them. When you share with someone what you like or care about, the other person might have the same interests as you, meaning they are able to connect with you. This helps people form friendships.                 

 Expressing myself has really helped me as an individual. I have grown in expressing my thoughts to others. I used to have selective mutism, where I would never speak to anyone. I would always hide my feelings and thoughts, so my friends would never know how I was feeling. I always had a harder time making friends because I would never open up about my interests, which impacted making connections with people. As I grew over the years as a person, I have improved socially. I am now able to get out of my comfort zone by expressing myself to others and opening up. I have been able to be myself and show my personality to others and what came out of that is I have found some of my people at college, which I am very grateful for. If I didn't use Individual Fulfillment I would have never found some of my two favorite people in the world. 

This value is crucial to me because it is such an important quality in life that everyone needs to use. Expressing your beliefs, interests, and personality to others allows you to make connections. In my opinion, Individual Fulfillment is so important because everyone gets to have a voice and feel comfortable being themselves. People shouldn't have to hide their opinions, personality, or interests because they're afraid of what other people might think, which is exactly how I was. Expressing yourself can help you become more comfortable with who you are and create relationships with others. My experience has shown me that finding your voice can take time, but once you become comfortable with talking to others, it can open doors to new friendships. This is why Individual Self Fulfillment is the value of Free Expression that describes me the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment