Wednesday, September 23, 2026

The Progressive Era

 American Conservative and Anti War 

Before I looked at the websites, I never heard of American Conservative or Anti War. I think it's interesting how both websites have their own strong opinions about war and U.S. foreign policy. I usually get my information from news sources that are popular, or social media, so that's why I have never came across websites like these. 


The American Conservative talks about politics, foreign affairs, and culture. It mainly focuses on ideas such as having less government control, protecting families and communities, and protecting people's rights. The website believes that the United States should be careful about getting involved in other countries and wars. 





The Anti War website focuses on war, the military, and U.S. foreign policy. It has a strong antiwar point of view and questions whether the United States should become involved with foreign conflicts. It provides news, opinions, and information about wars. The difference between the two websites is American Conservative talks about political and cultural issues, while the Anti War focuses on opposing war. Its purpose is around questioning U.S. involvement in war and conflicts. 






I realized how I don't hear about war from news sources, so these websites gave me information and perspectives that I don't see very often. I got my information about wars from my history classes throughout the years. It's very different in ways because my history teachers were in a classroom teaching me all about wars, but on a website it's different because you don't have anyone teaching you the information, you physically have to read through a website. 

The information from the websites seem very trustworthy and reliable. However, I would still want to compare the information with other sources before deciding what I really believe. I always to check every website before actually believing the information. Checking other sources can see if the facts are accurate, hear a different side of the issue, noticing if any crucial information was left out. It helps me see different sides and form my opinion on the topic. Overall, while searching through the websites I learned a lot of new information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment